~Kevin~Melissa~Kayla~Hailey~


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I am a Child of God

I had a wonderful experience in a time that I didn't expect. Sunday, during sacrament meeting I was having a very difficult time keeping Hailey from leaving my lap. (I am still getting used to handling things myself.) I was able to get pieces of the talks until Brother Thompson started talking about all the different characters of his children, and the one thing that he hoped is that they knew that they were a child of God. This is one of the things that I worry about. I always am trying to teach Kayla of who she is. I have read many articles about helping girls find a place in this high maintenance world. I felt very comforted that the most important thing that Kayla knows as she grows up is that she is a child of God.



These pictures were taken at the Ogden tree house.



Kayla loves to dress up and pretend to be lots of different things.

5 comments:

Jen said...

you're such a good mommy!

Vee said...

You are a good mommy. Hey I have a year pass to the Treehouse in Ogden. We should meet up sometime.

Rach said...

You are so good. I have the same hopes for my kids too. It is so important!

Recksieks said...

I think about that too for my kids. You are so sweet!

Rebekah said...

I think about that kind of stuff, too. (And I'm having a lot of trouble keeping Caleb on my lap). Thanks for sharing your thoughts, discoveries and pictures of your sweeties.