~Kevin~Melissa~Kayla~Hailey~


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Second Chance

I have been training for a big race that I am running in June! I pushed my girls up the canyon to train on some hills. It was really hard and I got a great workout! As I was running up the hill, there were two girls and their mom walking down. I said hi and the mom started yelling at me and telling me to quit killing myself. I didn't get the chance to tell her my story, that this isn't some weight loss program and that I am training for a big race. I just kept running and tried not to let her words get to me.
This last Monday I ran up the same canyon, this time without my girls, and I saw the same three girls. The younger one recognized me and was very excited to see me. The mom started yelling at me again, but this time I stopped and told her that I was training for a big race and that I was really excited about it. She changed her look and told me that I would do really well and that I should keep up the good work! I was really glad that I had the chance to stand up for myself and my efforts!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Did you know that other mom? Sheesh. I'm glad that you went over and talked to her. We need more people to cheer us on when we are working on goals or dreams!

Em&Em said...

Good for you! If you ever want to go running together give me a call. I know when I take Emma it is sure a harder workout. You have 2 girls. Great job you are a inspiration!