~Kevin~Melissa~Kayla~Hailey~


Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Enjoying the Journey

As Kayla and I were driving in the car one night we had the following conversation:
Kayla: Mommy, who painted the moon?
Me: Heavenly Father did.
Kayla: Wow! He must have needed a really BIG ladder!

Kayla has found an appreciation for everything around her. She has noticed the very smallest of details. It has made me stop myself and just look around and enjoy. This time of year there are so many new and exciting things to look forward to and we are taking one day at a time and making sure that we enjoy everything that comes our way. Even the sicknesses that has kept us on house arrest. That just means we get lots of extra hugs and cuddles when they are usually few and far between.

We went to see the lights at Temple Square. We went on a Wednesday,so it wasn't very crowded and before it got to cold. It was perfect! Kayla really had a good time! I think her favorite part was going inside to see the statue of Christ and listening to the narration.





Kayla and I have been coloring out of a Christmas coloring book to make our home more of a winter wonderland! It has been fun to take that time with Kayla doing something that she enjoys.



Last year I thought it would be fun to buy one of the dollar trees so Kayla can make her own decorations and decorate her own tree. Kayla had so much fun doing it last year that we did it again. I went to the store to buy one for Hailey, I know that she is not even one but I thought I would get a heads up for next year. I couldn't find them anywhere. All I could find were more expensive ones with funky colors. I am so disappointed that I can't find one for Hailey. Maybe next year the cheap trees will be back.

6 comments:

Recksieks said...

It look's like you had a good time at Temple Square! I love looking at you blog, it feels like I am a part of you life again, I know that sounds Cheesy. I have just missed knowing what you are up too and how life is going so it's fun to be in touch this way! Merry Christmas!

Becca said...

Look at what a cute mom you are! I know what you mean about when they are sick, its nice they'll let you hold them! Way to look on the bright side!
Too bad you guys were so sick on Sunday, it would have been nice to see you!

The Littlefields said...

I love your positive attitude as a Mom! I would be complaining about all of the puke! :) Good work, I think you do a great job. Kayla is such a doll, I love how their little minds work.

Em&Em said...

Melissa that is a good picture of you. Very cute. I love Kayla's conversation with you.

Recksieks said...

We are going to Disney Land in middle of February and then Joeh's mom and dad gave us tickets to go with the whole family in June. We are really excited! We love Disney Land! I hope you guys had a great Christmas!

Jason+Lindi said...

Love it, kids make it all better!