I love to cook! I am most comfortable when I am in the kitchen cooking. I had an experience this morning that brought me to tears of anger, embarrassment, frustration and then to tears of joy. As soon as it happened, I knew that it had to be a tender mercy from the Lord.
Today we were celebrating my Mom's birthday. Aubrey was making the pie and I decided to make the rolls. As soon as I agreed to do this, my heart sunk and I wondered what I had gotten myself into. (My mom always makes them and they are always wonderful! She uses Grandma Moyes' recipe.) I have made these rolls before many times and have never had a problem. This time I felt pressure--it was both conference and my Mom's birthday dinner.
As I got started, I kept looking at the recipe over and over just to make sure that I was following every step. Then I felt I was doing something wrong. The dough wasn't the same. Then the most familiar voice told me what the problem was, Grandma. That's when my tears of joy came, but I was so nervous. It took Kevin to help me figure out the recipe.
This isn't the first time I have felt her help in the kitchen. I treasure these moments. I thank my Heavenly Father for the opportunity to feel of his love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's so amazing to have that help from the other side. I love knowing our loved ones are so close!
Moments like these reaffirm what we know...that our loved ones are still there watching over us when we need them, even if the moment seems small or insignificant to us at the time. I have also, felt a sweet mother-in-law help me when my cooking questions needed to be answered and I couldn't "call" her. Remember them always!
Oh I just love that story! Thanks so much for sharing that! I really miss her! But how nice it is to know she still cares about the "little" things.
Post a Comment