A minute ago I was pacing back and for from one room to the other caring my phone around with me so I can answer it on the first ring, I check the clock, then I check the clock again and realize it hasn't even been a minute sense the last time I check the clock. My heart is racing, my palms are sweating and all I can think about is how quiet my house is without Kayla.
I know I have posted about how excited I am that Kayla is playing with friends. It is the perfect time to pick up toys or clean a room. But she isn't playing where I can just pop my head in and see her playing nicely. When Kayla is hear all I can think about is the huge list of things that I need to do. When Kayla is gone all I can think about is Kayla having fun, is she being nice, does she feel comfortable where she is, is her friend being nice? Nothing gets done. This is why I am a wreck.
Lately Kayla has been feeling very scared and uncomfortable in groups. She has always been shy but this is different. I don't know if this is normal or she just needs to be around more people than just me to get used to others.
Thanks for reading my post about really nothing. I am just looking to pass the time until Kayla comes home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so cute Melissa. It is such an adjustment when they start playing other places. Hang in there!
Not to sound bad, but when I was working, I hardly ever had anxiety when Emma was with someone other than me - to get sat or to play...but now that I am a stay at home mom, any time she is with any one but me I get the same kind of feelings you describe. It is nuts! But, we all need some mommy time - that is for sure!
Post a Comment