Dessert. This month I spent all of my food storage budget on the case lot sale! But I always find a way to make room for dessert. My mom gave me a yummy recipe for an apple pie filling using dried apples from the dry pack. She made the filling and then put it into a apple crisp. Yum! I also thought about using this same apple filling and putting it into the yummy bread recipe that I have and make an apple twist bread. The dried apples and the oatmeal serve a duel purpose, for dessert and for breakfast.
The white chocolate chips and popcorn I have on my food storage list is for my favorite! I melt the chocolate chips then pour over popped popcorn. Very easy to make and to store!
Apple Filling
2 cups dried apples
2tbs corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2/3 cup sugar
2tsp lemon juice
2 1/2 cups water
mix all dry ingredients in sauce pan. Add water and juice. Bring to a rolling boil. Stir until apples are soft.
Topping for the apple crisp
3/4 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melt butter
1/2 cup flour
dash of Cinnamon
Mix together and crumble on top of apple filling. Bake for 30 min at 425 degrees.
I am always looking for good easy food storage desserts. If anyone has any that they would like to share with me I would love to hear from you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds yummy! I've always wondered what to do with my dried apples beside eat them plain! Thanks for the great idea!
You are so on top of it! That popcorn was sooooo good! Thanks for that!
such good ideas! keep 'em coming. P.S. I finally did inventory on my pantry. high five!
YUM!!! I'll have to copy and paste those recipes!! Also I love that video of Hailey...so cute!
Thank you for posting this recipe! I can't wait to try this!
Post a Comment