Spring is hear or just around the corner and its time to buy new sandals for Kayla. I thought this would be a good opportunity to let her exercise her Independence and choose her own sandals, something that she would want to wear and be proud that she picked them out. I can't get Kayla to buy anything. Three different stores and she tells me "no lets keep looking." She didn't even want to buy the sandals with princesses on them. She loves trying on shoes and looking in the mirror, showing me how they look on her and anyone else that happens to walk by. But when it comes down to choosing a shoe she doesn't want any of them. I didn't want to buy the shoes if she wasn't going to wear them when we got home, so we always walked away with nothing. What girl doesn't want to by shoes? She didn't get it from me.
I finally got tired of putting her shoes and socks on when its such nice weather; I went out and bought her some sandals and gave them to her as a surprise! She loves them and is proud that her mom gave them to her, even though they are the same shoes she refused to buy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She is such a girl! Showing off, but weird not to buy any of them. Very adorable
Post a Comment